Tuition, Fees and Tuition Assistance
Schedule of Enrollment Fees – 2020 – 2021
|Preschool – Five day, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.||$11,490|
|Preschool – Mon-Thu, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Fri 8:00 a.m.- 1;30 p.m.||$14,820|
* The Application fee is not included in the total cost of tuition.
** Tuition includes Tuition Refund Plan.
**2021-2022 tuition will be set in January 2021
St. John’s has recently teamed with Your Tuition Solution to offer you even more options for financing your child’s education. Click on their logo to find out what this service can provide for you:
St. John’s is committed to providing each child with a quality education. Tuition rates are set each year by the Board of Trustees and reflect a desire to provide an education accessible to the greatest diversity of families.
St. John’s offers Financial Aid on a need basis. In order to determine the amount of need fairly, St. John’s uses School and Student Services by NAIS (SSS). After compiling parent supplied information, SSS determines a suggested financial contribution. The St. John’s Financial Aid Committee then reviews the SSS recommendation and aid is awarded on the basis of need, school policy, and the availability of funds. Specific financial aid funds are also designated for active St. John’s Episcopal Church members.
Important Financial Aid Dates:
November 1 – SSS opens to receive Financial Aid applications.
February 1 – SSS Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) must be completed and submitted to SSS.
February 15 – All supporting tax documents must be uploaded to SSS, including a Letter of Explanation detailing financial circumstances, including:
- An explanation of how much you believe you can contribute and why.
- A detailed explanation of any extenuating or unusual circumstances which have caused you to apply for financial aid, or would support a request for aid beyond what SSS recommends.
- Explain, in detail, any unusual expenses listed on your SSS application. (Tuition, camps, club memberships, and all non-essential items are not considered an unusual expense)
- If you or your spouse’s salary is $0, explain why.
- An explanation of income other than wages; any dividend/interest earnings; and, other available resources, if applicable.
- If there is a family member or friend who will be assisting you with tuition.
You may also be asked to complete a Monthly Budget to support your request for aid.
The Letter of Explanation of financial need may also be submitted directly to St. John’s, attn: Financial Aid
* St. John’s realizes that you may not have access to your tax returns by February 15. If this is the case, please notify the Director of Financial Aid.
If you are applying for Financial Aid after the February 15 deadline, please contact the Director of Financial Aid, Doug Perkins.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD 2020-21 How To Apply for Financial Aid for complete financial aid application instructions.
Douglas R. Perkins
Director of Admissions
St. John’s Episcopal School
301-774-6804, ext. 160